Facet Publishing have announced the publication of The Innovative School Librarian, 2nd edition
Written by current leaders in the field, each chapter in this new book addresses the practical issues facing school librarians. This new edition has been fully updated to incorporate curriculum revisions, resource changes, developments in the use and integration of technology and new routes into the profession.
The Innovative School Librarian raises important questions about the functions of the school librarian and sets out to encourage the reader to think outside the box for new approaches to traditional challenges. It aims to inspire and enable school librarians to think creatively about their work and the community in which they operate.
Key topics covered include:
- the librarian’s vision and values
- bridging the gap between different visions for the school library
- identifying and understanding your community
- making a positive response to change
- keeping inspired and inspiring others in the library
- integrating the library into teaching and learning.
This is an essential, thought-provoking book for all school librarians, practitioners in schools library services, and students of librarianship globally. It also has plenty to interest school leadership, headteachers, educational thinkers, public library managers and local government officers.